Is Dedicated Hosting Your Best Choice?
What is Dedicated Hosting
When you have your new website all developed and ready to go, you now have the task ahead of choosing your hosting service. There is no doubt that you have put a lot of time and money into your site and you want the best hosting possible, but you have many different types of hosting services to choose from. These will include Shared webhosting or VPS as well as Dedicated hosting.
A dedicated hosting means that a server is going to be devoted specifically for your website. This means that you will not be sharing the server with other websites as you would if you were using shared or VPS services. There are a couple of options when it comes to using a dedicated hosting as you can actually have the server on a site, or it can be set up at a data center which is what most people choose.
Benefits of Dedicated Hosting
As dedicated hosting involves more costs, you really want to be sure that all of the benefits that this has to offer are going to be worth your investment.
- Customizing your server – You will find that with this type of hosting service, you have a lot more freedom and control over the server itself. This means that you are actually able to tailor the server to meet your specific needs because it doesn’t have to accommodate any other users. By doing this, you are able to actually choose the features at that you are going to be able to put to use at the time. You can also grow your website by configuring your dedicated server to meet the needs.
- Staying Live – There is no way that you want your website to be down ever, so this means that you really have to focus on the up time that the hosting is going to be able to provide you, and you have a much stronger reliability in this regard when it comes to dedicated hosting. Dedicated hosting is a top performer and much more stable which means that your website is live the majority of the time. On rare occasions even a dedicated server can go down but when it does it’s for a very limited time and can be corrected quickly.
- Minimal Congestion – One of the problems with using the other types of hosting service is that if there are a lot of sites on the server, it puts a strain on it and it can result into a sluggish performance for your website. This is usually caused from the amount of traffic that is flowing to the various websites. On your dedicated server, being as it’s only your website that the server has to deal with you won’t have this problem because the usage levels of your applications and CPU usage is strictly what you are producing and there is no competition with the other sites.
- Security – This is very important when it comes to hosting on a server. When you are the only one using it, then you don’t have to be concerned about security issues with the other websites that are populating the service as there are none.
- Support – In most cases, you will find that when you are using a dedicated server, there is a much higher level of support being offered by the companies.
- Providers of Dedicated Hosting – Most established hosting providers will offer dedicated hosting packages and a good example of these are as follows.
- 1&1 Hosting
- InMotion Web Hosting
Aside from these choices you will find that there are many others to choose from. Ideally you want to find a hosting provider in your local area that offers dedicated hosting.